Chronicles of Kessandria
- A paladin must be of lawful good alignment to select the oath of devotion. He must be of any non-good alignment to select the oath of vengeance. He must be of any good alignment to select the oath of the ancients. He must be of any evil alignment to select the oath breaker oath. A paladin that violates this restriction loses access to spellcasting, divine smite, lay on hands and the benefits of his oath until he atones. Evil paladins inflict necrotic damage with any class feature or spell that ordinarily inflicts radiant damage.
- Creatures whose individual challenge ratings exceed your paladin level have advantage on saves against the turn the unholy and turn the faithless class features. Creatures whose CR exceeds your paladin level by 5 or more are immune to the effect. Anti-paladins gain command unholy (as a cleric) at 3rd level instead of command undead.
- At 1st level, Paladins gain the lesser divine smite ability: Once per long rest you may declare a successful melee attack to be a divine smite. You inflict an extra 1d8 radiant damage with this attack. When you reach second level, you lose this ability and gain divine smite in its place (see below)
- Divine smite does not require a spell slot to use. It inflicts a fixed 2d8 damage at 2nd level, 3d8 damage at 5th level, 4d8 damage at 9th level, 5d8 damage at 13th level, and 6d8 damage at 17th level. The paladin can use divine smite twice per short rest. This increases to three times per short rest at 9th level, and four times per short rest at 19th level.
- At 19th level, a paladin can use cleansing touch and lay on hands as a bonus action (Instead of an action), and may activate both abilities simultaneously with a single bonus action if desired.